Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mel's 30th Birthday Surprise!!

So . . . to turn 30 is a pretty big deal and I really wanted to do something fun to make it memorable. I had thrown out a bunch of ideas for Jay to catch on to but then I decided that it would be more fun to see what he would do so I stopped talking about it.
I have to say Jay went above and beyond what I could have asked for and yes, you are off the hook for the next 30 years!!
That morning of my birthday Jay woke up and took care of the boys. I never get to sleep in so that was such a treat for me. He then cooked me a yummy breakfast and we packed a lunch and headed to our pool. We played there for a long time and decided to get back home because Jay told me that I needed to be ready by 5:00 but wouldn't tell me where we were going. I was really excited!! On our walk back from the pool to our apartment Jay decided to check the mail and all I heard was this big "YAHOO" from Jay. He had just received a letter in the mail stating that he had passed his National Boards. Getting that news was the best thing that could have happened on my birthday. He has studied so hard for that and now he doesn't have to worry about it any more!! We got back to our apartment and Jay watched the boys while I got ready. He had arranged for the Miller's to watch Lennix and Jensen while we went out for the night. He ended up taking me to one of our favorite restaurants Abuelos. Actually on our way there we got rear ended (nothing major just a little bump) and Jay gets out of the car and saw that there was only a small dent in our bumper. Jay says "I passed my boards and it's Mel birthday, who cares".
We had such a great time talking at dinner. Jay was so relaxed and was not worried about school at all. I thought this was my surprise but Jay had more up his sleeve. . . As we were driving home he was going a bit slow and told me that we did not have to be to our next place until 7:30. I thought he was possibly taking me to a concert that I heard about at OSU but I just couldn't think of anything else. He had bought me this hand sander that I wanted for my birthday and he told me that our friend Brendan had a bunch of sand paper that he got from his parents that did not fit on his sander. So, we decided to go pick them up to kill some time. When we got there I was told to go through the kitchen to the garage. I was completely oblivious when I tuned the corner and heard a big "SURPRISE". I was completely surprised. I have to admite that I was a little overwhelmed and started to cry. Everyone had got babysitters for the entire night. We ate, talked, and played games until after 12:00 that night. I felt so loved and I had so much fun!! Here are a few pictures that Jay took of the party.
Sunni, Tabby, and Me. I have to say that Andy, Tabby and Jay were pretty sneaky to plan this whole party without me knowing. I guess they got together 2 weeks before my birthday on a sunday while I was sleeping and put it all together.
This is such a great picture. Yup, we are all pregnant. We are in order of our due date. We are some crazy baby making mommas. Danelle, Me, Kacey, Liz, Sunni, and Sherrida.
All of us at the party, minus a few couples
Thank you SOOO MUCH for making this the best birthday I have ever had. I Love you Jay and I have the best friends ever!

1 comments:

The Sweet Petes said...

Happy Birthday, Mel! I am so glad that you had such a blast! And good luck with the upcoming arrival of your baby; make sure to post pics when he comes!