Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Wedding, New babies, Summer stuff and Lennix's 4th Birthday

My Mom's amazing artwork.
I just wanted to brag about my mom for a minute. I went to my sister Beth's house and saw how she had decorated my Grandpa's house after he passed away and they moved in. I had to get some pictures of the art work that she painted for Lauren's room. They are adorable!! My mom never stops amazing me.
Isn't it beautiful?
HOLLLY AND JASEN'S WEDDING!
I got a text one evening (about 1:30 in the morning) it was my bro Jasen asking me if I was awake. I had a feeling it was something pretty important :). I called him and he told me that he and Holly were getting married. I about died!! Eveyone knew that this is something I had personally been hoping for for a very, very long time but for it to actually be happening threw me for a loop!! I was so excited and then Jasen told me that it was going to be in less than 2 weeks. Well, I got on line the very next day and booked my ticket home. It was so much fun to see my whole family unexpectidly and of course I was so happy to see such a perfect couple finally get married and have Holly as my sister in law and Alexa as my neice!
My sis Daph and all her kids (Madi, Aubree, Ash and Tegan).
This picture Rocks! :)
Aren't they the most adorable family. I couldn't beleive how big all of them were and I loved how they talked my ear off from the moment they saw me.
Oh, I wish I lived closer to these guys.
Holly and Jasen's send off
Some of the siblings (Jarem, Steph, Holly, Jasen, Me, Daph and Tiff)
I wish my picture turned out a little better. But, aren't they a beautiful couple?
This was my favorite part of they night. Jasen surprised Holly by singing their song to her. It not only sounded awesome, but it was really sweet as well.
Getting hitched in my parents beautiful gazeebo in their back yard forest. This is where I wanted to have my reception, only Jay and I got married in January. We did not plan that very well :)
Holly looked beautiful!
Alexa was so sweet as she walked down the isle
I could tell Jasen was so excited. Could I get that suite in Jay's size!!
Robb, Steph, Me, and Abby watching the wedding from our sinking bench :)
Everytime I go home I'm amazed with how beautiful my parents home is. I had to take a picture of it.
While we were decorating for the wedding, Lauren and Alexa caught a dragonfly and we tied a string around it so they could fly it like a kite. I know, crule and unusual punishment but it was quite magical when it flew.

My camera did not get any good pictures of the decorations but this is one of the buffet table that sat inside the forest.
I got to meet my sweet new neice Kayla
The last time I met Calvin, he was Kayla's size. I could have died over his adorable eyes.
SUMMER FUN
To say we spent a little bit of time at the swimming pool of our Apartment complex would be an understatement. I would have to say if we were not home that is where we were. Both Lennix and Jensen advanced so much by the end of the summer. Lennix and Jensen were both just wearing their floaties and Lennix's favorite thing was to run from the fence all the way to the pool and jump in. I would send out a big text to all of our friends and anyone who could come would show up. A lot of the time, the Bird and Sorensen kids from our ward would come and swim and that was my kids favorite. Needless to say we were all pretty tan and blonde by the end of the summer. :)
Oh, this makes me laugh everytime I look at it. This fit's Jensen's personality so perfectly. He is my little comedian.
Before it died, I wanted to document our garden. This is a picture of the pumking plant that I randomly planted by our door not thinking it would grow. It ended up growing around both of the bushes and making a circle until it reached the origional stem. We even got a few pumkins from it! Also, my mom sent me some bulbs in a package for my birthday and they actually grew. I thought it was to late in the season but we even got some beautiful bright orange flowers to bloom.
The start of one of the pumpkins
Our little garden at it's prime! For not thinking anything was going to grow, this was quite impressive to us. It did not produce a ton but we think it will be even better next year.
LENNIX'S 4TH BIRTHDAY
Lennix had such a great birthday this year. I think he is now at the age where he realizes how fun it is to have a day dedicated just for you (well, and his Grandma Talbot :)). We had a swimming party planned and it ended up being the only day out of the summer that they were adjusting the chemicals in the swimming pool. So, we had everyone over for sandwiches, cake and ice cream. I don't think Lennix minded one bit. As you can tell by the picture Lennix was pretty spoiled for his birthday.
Him playing with his girlfriends :)
I'm glad that he actually ate his cake this year. It's a first.
All of his best friends came and even Mitch and Julie drove all the way from Cleveland to spend the day with him.
All Lennix wanted was a chocolate cake with a train on it. He loved it.
His silly face
What a cutie


0 comments: