Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Beckham Joins our Family

Introducing Beckham Wade Talbot

Born Sept. 15th 2010
@ 5:29 pm
8 lbs 6.5 oz
20 1/2 in. long




Our First Night with him
First night in his own home

This is classic. Jay actually captured my dad sleeping while in the middle of doing something on his phone. That's what a road trip across the country will do to you.

Lennix loves his new baby brother and yes, he still calls him Giffy. I don't think I've heard him or Jensen call him Beckham. Jay and I think it's pretty endearing.

I was a little worried about how Jensen would take to a new baby because he is my little mommas boy. He is so tender with him and he calls him "My baby".

I got up for a moment and look what happend :) Jay's sleeping on my bed and my poor dad became a jungle gym.
I had such a wonderful experience in the hospital and I kept on telling Jay how nice every nurse was. I was only one of two girls delivering that day so we got special treatment. Also, it had rained the morning after Beckham was born and the weather cleared so that Jay was able to take my parents on a tour of the campus and Dental School. I was so glad that they got to see that and I had almost a whole day to myself to get to know my new little baby Beckham.

This is something that doesn't happen very often. . . As we were getting ready to clean up and go home we were informed that we were on a tornado warning and that everyone needed to evacuate their rooms and gather in the hall ways. Of course we thought it was exciting and wanted a picture. Jay felt really bad to take a picture of all the new mom's sitting in the hall way so my mom said that she would pose as if he was taking a picture of her. I'm so glad we captured it because how many times can you say this happens when your in the hospital :)

My Mom and Beckham

Beckham being adored

My Dad holding him

This is actually the first time the boys are seeing their brother. They were so interested by everything he did. It was so much fun to watch.

My Three Sons!!

So peaceful

Jay and his new babe

Jay actually was able to deliver Beckham so this is him in all of his glory.

And this is his Heisman Victory Pose :)


He is perfect!!

Our Biggest Baby yet. And still he is so small

Right after they cleaned him up. He makes that tiny diaper look so big

Right after delivery

The longest umbilical cord we and our Midwife have ever seen!



Jay cutting Beckham's umbilical cord

Right after he was born Jay placed Beckham on my chest and I was overwhelmed with emotions. It took a minute for him to take his first breath (which seemed like forever) and then we all cheered when we heard his sweet cry. What a miracle to have him here!! We have anticipated this baby for what seems like a long time and I could not believe he was actually laying in my arms.

Here is Jay and our wonderful Midwife Tiffany. She was amazing to work with and actually she was done with her shift so she went home, paid some bills and then came back to work just to deliver our baby. She is all about "Game Plans" so when she walked in and I introduced her to Jay she then asked what our game plan was for the delivery. Well, she instantly asked Jay if he would like to be the one to deliver Beckham and of course Jay was so excited. He did an amazing job and we both agreed that it was such an exciting delivery.

We have never done an induction before and I have to say it is quite different. I had to have an antibiotic in my body for 4 hours before delivery so really we just sat and played games, watched a little TV, and talked. We kept my parents updated on what was going on at the hospital. After about 5 hours the nurse came in and asked if we would like to speed things up. I was now measuring at a 6 and we were ready. Jay decided to text a few people and this is what he wrote: "Just got the epidural . . . and Mel's going to get hers next". We were having a good time. After I got the epidural things did go a lot faster and within an hour and a half we delivered a beautiful baby boy!
Jay all suited up and ready to deliver the babe.

Letting everyone know it was time!
How lucky are we that my parents drove (yes, across the country) into town on tuesday evening (the night before I delivered). We could not have planned it any better. My mom had told me that she and my dad were bringing a box for us and the boys. Well, I just have to say that it was better than Christmas!! I have never seen Lennix and Jensen so excited. We brought in the box and these are a few pictures that we took.

The pirate items were a hit and the boys gave us a good laugh.


Oh, the teeth were the best part!

Throughout this pregnancy the boys have been so cute about the "baby in my belly". As I brushed Lennix's teeth he would always tap my stomach and say "baby". They loved to listen to my belly and say "I hear him". They would also tell me how excited they were to see their new baby brother. I could not wait to see how they were going to be when he was actually here.

This is the last prego picture we took before he was born. This was exactly 1 week before Beckham was born. That is a rocket!!

6 comments:

Carly said...

I LOVE it! Mel, you are such a stinkin' cute mom...I hope one day I get to meet those kiddos of yours before they are 37.

Anonymous said...

you are the darn cutest pregnant lady! I love it! What a precious little addition. I am sooo happy for you. Babies are certainly little angels. You don't even look like you had a baby! Jealous! :o) what a perfect little family! xoxoxo

Bryan and Christy Clark said...

He is so cute! I think he looks like Jensen. And I love that our baby boys are pretty much the same size and only 2 days apart! You are so good for already getting on top of this blog stuff.

Taryn said...

Congratulations, Jay and Melanie! Baby Beckham seems just perfect and it looks like you are adjusting great to three! Hope to meet him soon!

Shellee said...

Congrats mel and jay. I was wondering if you had your baby so I blog hopped around until I found your blog. Hope all is well.

Britni said...

What a beautiful babe you have! So excited to meet little Beckham!