Monday, November 3, 2008

Some of the things we have been up to

We went to this really neat place called Slate Run Farm. It is kept up in 18th Century style. Even all the people that ran it are dressed in period. I was invited by some of the girls in my ward and we packed lunches and had such a great time. I love that they have kept every thing authentic there. This was one of the darling homes.
This sheep pushed it's head right through those boards and came right up to Lennix. He love it. All of the animals were so used to people that it made it really fun for the kids.
The leaves were starting to change. So pretty.
Of course, Jensen was eating everything he could get his hands on and having a great time doing it. A little grass won't hurt him.
This is how Lennix's plays with his cars. He loves to watch as the wheels turn.
I cut Jay's hair one evening and decided to also cut Lennix's. This was the only way he would let me do it.  He sat and sprayed himself in the face and giggled the entire time. 
Across from our front door, there is this pond. I think part of it is a bird refuge. We go over there and feed the birds and I always think of you mom when we go. You are the real life "Bird lady."
Oh yes, that is Jensen's food again. By this time i just had to laugh and snap a picture. This one turned out so well. Look at that guilty face.
Of course he's thinking, "But mom, it is so much fun (and you shouldn't leave it where I can get it all the time). I now never put it in my bad and store it high in the counter.
Lennix saying goodbye to Jay for his first day of Dental School! Can you tell he wants to go with him so badly?
Jensen's first taste of dirt and loving it.
I asked him to smile for a picture and no lie this is what he came up with. So Cute!
He was so excited to see pumba off of Lion King.
I told him to turn around for a picture and he gave me the best smile. Don't mind the huge lion in the background.
It was great that the lion was sitting right there. 
My favorite picture of the day. On our way to see the Moose.
There were 4 Otters that would jump into the water and then swim right across all the kids faces. Every Lennix would scream. Of course all the kids caught on. We stayed here probably the longest.
He wanted the goat to suck on his finger. The goat is thinking "what is that little kid doing. Please don't hurt me." Lennix didn't really know how to be soft with them. It was fun to watch him though.
We went to the Zoo the saturday before school started. Lennix loved the part where they had all of these goats lying and standing around and they let the kids in to pet them.
Yep. That is Jensen's formula. You should have seen the guilty look on his face when I walked in on him. Here he is trying to scoop up and put it back in for me.
He's trying to tell me sorry by giving me back what's left of it.
He's helping me unpack and decorate
This doesn't happen very often anymore. It's great that they basically have the same expression on their faces.

0 comments: