Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Our Apartment

These next couple of pictures are mainly for my family. It is nice to picture where someone lives when you talk to them on the phone so I decide to add some pictures of the main rooms in our apartment. This of course is Jensen's room
Lennix's room. 
This is my attempt at wall painting. Nothing like my mom's but thank you for the inspiration off of Lennix's chair you made him!! 
Other side of Lennix's room.
The front room. Before we moved to Ohio I sold our little "Blue Angel" car. We took that money and decided to buy a nice couch. After 6 weeks of waiting, sitting on the floor or the round patio chair, it arrived! We could not be more pleased. It brightened up the room and the pillows were a good surprise. They perfectly matched everything we had and now it feels so cozy.
This is for my Mom. I wanted to show her
 what my bedroom ended up looking like. Here is part of the story - So all of the stress about weather to buy a new comforter or not has completely gone away. I realized after reading a talk  by President Packer that you "use it up, wear it out or do without." It is exactly what I need to hear. I had to realize that I needed to go back to what I do best, use what I have and make it work. I feel so blessed to have the things that we do and I kept on thinking that right now I may have better things than someone might have their entire life. I would feel ungrateful, in my circumstance, to go splurge on a new bed set if I really did not need to. There are still a few things I need to do to finish the room but I am pleased with the outcome and I felt like I was heeding to the council of Pres. Packer. Who would have thought I'd have a spiritual experience while decorating my bedroom!! Silly me.
As I was putting all of these pictures on the blog I decided to go check on Jensen. This is how I found him. I thought is was so sweet how he was hugging his bear. I could have stayed in there for an hour and just watched him sleep.
We were just playing with the camera and Lennix was taking the pictures.
Oh my goodness. That face!!
I love their little chubby legs. They play so well together. It is nice now that Jensen is pretty mobil, no walking just yet, but he is able to make a get away when he needs to. 


5 comments:

brent & meg talbot said...

your place looks awesome! and i don't know what you're talking about, not being as good as your mom. that yankee baseball is freakin' AMAZING! i love all the pics, and i'm glad you're enjoying ohio. i really miss you lots. i've been thinking about you lately -- i'm getting your christmas presents ready (we have you and jay this year!). miss you lots!

Anonymous said...

mel!your house has come together perfectly! i love it! so glad you finally got your couch!

Brooke said...

I'm so impressed with the wall painting! You family is so cute, it's great to see what you're up to.

Kelly Nordfelt said...

I love the Italian picture above your bed? Who is that awesome person that got that for you? :)

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/penyedia-pinjaman-dengan-plafon-rp5-juta-tanpa-agunan