Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Always plying in the water

When Jay would take lennix outside I would ask him to please not let him get wet. Without fail, about 30 min later Lennix would come inside soaking wet. I love that jay would say "there was nothing I could do about it" (FYI: Someone had to turn on the sprinklers and I'm sure it wasn't Lennix). 
Soaking wet, binkie and all. Side note: So, in this picture, Lennix had just turned 2 and I told myself that I was going to get rid of his binkie as soon as he turned 2. Well, I was terrified that he was going to hate me for life. Well, I am proud to say that he is binkie-free and he still loves me. I want to let you know how I did it if you have a binkie lover and feel that it is time to get ride of it. I started by cutting a small hole in the bottom of the binkie and the next day I made it a little bit bigger and then on the 3rd day I cut the top of the binkie. He put it in his mouth and then took it out and looked at it and knew something was not the same. Well, later that day I put him down for a nap and he actually took it out of his mouth and fell asleep. I took it and when he asked for it we went on a search and I told him it was all gone. Now he says "Mommy, binkie all gone." It worked so well for me and I am so glad to not have to keep track of two kids binkies!!

0 comments: