Wednesday, August 1, 2012

We are having a GIRL!!

No Way is all I can say!! There is a small part of me that thinks that this little baby will still come out a boy even though the picture is as clear as day. I wanted to tell the story of our long anticipated trip to the doctor to find out what we were having. I went to my 16th week appointment and I was the only one in the waiting room. I went back and during my appointment the doctor tells me that they were oddly really slow that day and if I wanted to find out the sex of our baby we could just go across the hall and find out. She completely caught me off guard and I didn't know what to say. Yes, I wanted to find out SO BADLY but I did want Jay to be there with me. After thinking it over I told her that I would wait. 
Well, we went on our cruise 2 weeks later so when we came back I was about 18 weeks along. Jay's schedule was really crazy and we could not find a time that both of us could go to the ultrasound together. I was now at 20 weeks and we finally found a time to go. We dropped Beckham off at Lois house and with Lennix and Jensen with us, we headed to our appointment. We were getting a few butterflies because we were so excited but a bit nervous to find out what we were having. We got to the office and I checked in. The receptionist gave me a weird look and looked at her computer. She told me that we had come to the wrong office!!! I could not believe it. At first it was a bit laughable but then I could tell we were both pretty dissappointed. We had to wait yet another week to find out.
Here I was as 21 weeks and again we all set out to the right office to find out what we are having. We were so excited!! As we got set up in the ultrasound room we talked to Lennix and Jensen about why we were there and I could tell they were getting excited too. I have prepared myself so well to be excited either way. Boy or Girl I was going to be so excited. I have not even let myself daydream about having a girl because I did not want to be dissapointed. Well, the doctor started the ultrasound and was measuring and doing here thing and then she asks us if we want to find out the sex of the baby.  She pulls it us on the screen and it was pretty clear...WE WERE HAVING A GIRL!! I was surprised with how excited I was. I even teared up a little. All I kept thinking was "NO WAY!" I had her show me about 3 more times just to make sure. Jay and the boys were so excited. The whole time Jay has told me that it was a girl. He just knew it was. Even Lennix and Jensen have said it was a girl the whole time. I loved that right after the doctor told us it was a girl both boys turned to me and said "Mom, you were wrong and were right, we are having a girl". I've never been so happy to be wrong! Oh, I can't wait to meet her. She is going to be so loved by all of us!!

Just a side story that I really wanted to document is when I was having a hard time with the morning sickness of this pregnancy. I've never been so sick in my life and I cold not keep anything down for weeks. I remember just looking at Jay picking up all my slack everyday when he would come home. there was a night that I tried to get up off the couch to help him and I just cried because I couldn't do it. All I could do was tearfully tell him how much I loved him and appreciated all that he was doing for me and the kids. We were so excited to be pregnant but it was not planned at this time. We thought we would start trying around June and she decided that she needed to come 6 months earlier. Of course I started thinking "why right now, can I do this much longer?" I did end up asking Jay for a blessing and our friend Aaron came over to help.  Jay's blessing was exactly what I needed. I wrote it all down but the things I remember the most was that he told me I would be eternally blessed by having this baby and that this child was anxious to be here. I would also find the strength to do those things that I need to do and that it would be soon. Just the feeling of comfort that came during the blessing and knowing that this baby was excited to join our family calmed me. I talked to Jay after and we both agreed that it is actually the perfect time to be pregnant. His school load is much less than before. When he comes home he does not need to study and can take care of me and the kids. Plus, imagine if we were setting up practice or starting a new job or moving while I was this sick it would be horrible. Really, we just felt so blessed that Heavenly Father was mindful of us and had a better plan. 
That night Jay and I were talking and he was a little hesitant to tell me and didn't want to get my hopes up but while he was giving me the blessing, in his mind he saw a little girl with shoulder length sandy blond hair and she was about 6 years old. I loved that he shared that with me and it got me excited but I didn't want to expect anything. Well, that is why he just felt like it was a girl the whole time. What a wonderful experience and look....WE ARE HAVING A GIRL!!! I loved telling everyone we were having a girl. Just to see and hear their reactions was so much fun!

0 comments: