Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A few last pictures of our Ohio Apartment

Lennix fell asleep on the couch and Beckham had to go cuddle with him. Lennix didn't even budge

Howdy! Isn't that the cutest little cowboy

I don't think there is anything in the world that the boys love more than wrestling with their dad

It's weird blogging about these pictures. It feels like it was only a blink of an eye ago that we were moving into this apartment and starting our dental school experience and now they are the pictures of where we used to live. So many good memories there. Beckham had a good time taking pictures with me.





Lennix and Jensen's Room



Lennix made this owl and wanted to tape it in his room. Every time he was super good at preschool he would get a treat or a sticker and this is where he would come home and put them


This is one of the best thing we have done. They love being able to know what is expected of them in the morning, marking it off by themselves and seeing the whole thing completed. It makes my mornings a lot easier :)


My cute friend Stephanie gave me this plaque

I miss our balconies. This is where we ate so many dinners, watched the rain storms, played with play dough and did many crafts. I have done many project and watched as the boys would bring their "cozy" items and make up games here. So many hours were spent on the hammock on our back porch and playing in the round chair. Who would have thought we would have so much fun here but we really did put them to good use.

Beckham's Room

The other side of the room was our office

I took a picture of this side of our bedroom just to remember the set up of the room and also there will be one day where we will have money to replace this old and scratched dresser. It has served us well but it would be nice to get some furniture that we love in our bedroom and not have hand me down and a headboard that I found in the dumpster that I refinished.  In time :)


Our Bedroom

I grew up doing interviews periodically for Family Home Evening. I love going back and hearing who my friends were, what I liked to do, what I wanted to be when I grew up and occasionally I would sing a song or two. So, I decided it was time to start the tradition with our family. This was Lennix after he had his interiview. He wanted to do a silly face for the camera. 


All three of the boys were so great to answere all the questions and even Beckham was hillarious. I am so glad that we have them videoed and that we can look back and watch and laugh at them. Jensen's silly face was great. I wish I would have got a good face out of Beckham.

Jensen' and his friend Caleb at preschool. I was teaching the letter Y so we went outside and they picked all the things they could find that were yellow or started with the letter Y

I was in charge of putting on the Preschool Graduation so I wanted to take a good picture to frame. I loved this one of Jens and Caleb



The pose kills me :)

I cut out the first letter of their name and had them start at one end and wrap yellow yarn around the letter and cover the whole thing. I love how into they got. It was a successful project and great for their hand eye coordination



If you click on this picture you can see Lennix's awesome drawings. He colored each one different and I am constantly amazed with how well not only he colors and draws but Jensen as well

On Sunday's we have started a tradition. We eat lunch and then we have a "family nap". The boys actually get excited. I think they like that they get to snuggle with us for a while. We love it because they really have let us take a nap a couple of times.  As you can see Jay and Lennix already zonked out, Beckham was in his room taking a nap and after I took this picture Jens and I fell asleep. Only a couple of times have all of us fallen asleep

Jay took the garbage out for me one night and came in asking where the little fish tank was. He went outside and came back with the biggest frog. We could not wait to show the boys in the morning. As soon as they woke up we took them to the pond and I videoed as the boys let the frog go. It jumped so high and they were so excited to watch it jump back into the water

At soccor they found little frogs

Beckham found a caterpillar and was fascinated by it

0 comments: