Monday, February 22, 2010

We are Pregnant!

It's funny the things that have come up while Jay and I have talked about when to have our next baby. We have really anticipated this pregnancy because we decided it would be better to wait until after Jay's boards in June and also, I wanted the new baby to have it's own birthday month. So, we are really lucky that everything worked out as we planned and now I am almost 13 weeks along! Yes! The due date is Sept. 15 th. It's crazy to find out your pregnant and deliver all in the same year. It will go fast.

So, I took the pregnancy test and I wanted to do something fun and simple to tell Jay so Lennix, Jensen and I made Jay's his favorite chocolate chip cookies. They whole time I kept prepping Lennix that when we give Jay the cookies he is supposed to say "We are having a baby!" Well, at dinner I thought it would be fun to do a little game of hang man after our FHE lesson and then we could have the cookies for our treat. As we were eating Jay simply asks, "What are the cookies for?" Lennix instantly shouts with his arms up, "We are having a baby!" It was pretty funny. It was as if he was just waiting gor it. I shirked it off like it was no big deal and then we finished with dinner. After our FHE Lesson we played our hang man game. It was fun to see Jay try to figure out the phrase. When he did figure out what it said he mouthed the sentence and then he looked at me and said, "Are we really having a baby?" It was so much fun. We are so excited to add another little baby to our family. It feels like we have waited a long time and we are ready to be out numbered by three kids!! :)

8 comments:

The Shermans said...

Hooray for the good news!! We need to set up another visit sometime. Hope everything is treating you well!

Stitchnmom said...

Congratulations!!! I love the way you told Jay, so fun!

Britni said...

So excited for you guys! What a fun way to tell your hubby...very cute!

The Marchant Family: said...

Yay! congrats Talbot's, I'm sure this one will be just as cute as the other two!

Dave, Erin, and Shaylor Sorensen said...

Congratulations! I can't believe you and Meg are due so close to each other. What fun!

Daphne said...

We are counting down the days!!! And September us a perfect birthday month!! We are so excited!!!

Carly said...

Congratulations! You two make such cute kids, you really ought to have lots of them!

Whitney said...

Yay! Congrats! That is so exciting! Don't worry about the 3 kid thing....you will, I mean wont get over run! LOL! I am so happy for you!