Saturday, February 20, 2010

Art Show and The Polar Express with Lennix

This is me and Korey (she is one of my Laurel's in YW's). I love this girl for the mere fact that she doesn't let just anyone be her friend. You really do have to earn it. She invited me to come to her art show and I was so excited.
Korey had asked if I would help her find some pictures of some hands. That is what she wanted to focus on in her portfolio. I was really excited when she told me she had chosen to paint the one of Lennix when he was just a babe. Yes, this is her painting below. I was blown away. She is going to let me copy it so I can put it in my boys room. So Talented!!

Jay and I went on a date night with Lennix. There was a "Polar Express" night at the Hilliard Library and we knew Lennix would love it. This is him on board the Polar Express. They had a puppet show, crafts, a musician, and refreshments there. They even sent each of the kids home with their own polar express jungle bell. Lennix still plays with it.
These are his crafts. Of course, he couldn't wait to eat the candy that was the base of the Christmas tree.
This was the best part of the night. They had a train set up on two tables and Lennix was mesmerized. He truly stayed there for 40 min. just watching the train go around an around. We had to convince him that the puppet show was worth leaving the train. Of course before we left he had to go see the train one more time.

0 comments: