Sunday, November 22, 2009

"L" is for Luau

It was my turn to teach preschool again and I had the letter "L". A couple of months ago, right after summer, I went to Kroger supermarket and they had all of this Luau stuff for dirt cheap. I thought about what letters I had for preschool and it was perfect. "L" for Luau. I think the kids had so much fun. It was the week before Thanksgiving so it was perfect to have an educational party. This is the picture of their Luau Mobiles that they made to take home. They were pretty proud of them. It's fun to see the kids different personalities when it comes to the way they color and create things.
Pin the Coconut on the Palm Tree was really fun to watch. Especially because they had to wait their turn and help the person that went after them. These are a few pictures of Lennix helping Savanna. So cute how he put his hands on her waist and guided her right to it.
The whole preschool class. Those are some pretty cute kids.
Tuesday and Thursday we ended the class by dancing to Luau music and doing the hula. I think they likes spinning most of all.
Don't worry, I did tell Lennix that this was probably the only time it was okay to wear a skirt.
I bought an actual coconut so that we could taste the milk inside. I had no idea how hard it was to get into it. I ended up using my drill and finally punctured a hole and drained the milk into their glasses. Their faces were classic. As you can tell by Lennix's face, it was not good but everyone tried it. I even tried it and I have to say that it will probably be the last time I do that. it was sure fun though.
They ate all sorts of tropical fruit but the dried mango was their favorite. I can agree with them on that!!
A few cute pictures of my Hawaiian man.

0 comments: