Wednesday, November 4, 2009

How to Host a Murder


This Halloween Jay and I decided to throw a "How to Host a Murder" party (Thanks Steph for the game!!) Our particular game was called "An Affair to Dismember." I have never participated in one of these, let alone, hosted one so I was a little nervous how it would turn out. Well, we invited the most perfect couples and it was SOOOO much fun. I've decided that this is going to have to be an annual event!

Mood is everything. This first picture is our apartment just before all of the guests arrived. They said that "if your home resembles and old scary mansion, then decorating for the party will be easy." So, I thought that on a $10.00 decorating budget, it turned out pretty good. The next picture is with the flash. Since the party takes place at Castle Von Morgue I thought the body bags were appropriate.
These were one of the items on the menu. They were so appropriate!

The Menu
Us playing the game
Each of the Couples:
Madame Aretha Garlique (Trinette) and Balihi the Monster of Rogersandhammerstein (Nate) Oh, Nate I am still laughing at your character!!

The Mummy of Aldrinktotat (Andy) and Glumda the Witch of Depressed (Tabby) Always good to go into business with friends!! Congrats on the twins Glumda.
The Prince of Dimness (Peter) and Dr. Angela Deth, DDS (Sherrida) All I have to say is shady, shady, shady!
Hannibal Sheckter (Jay) and Lizzy Bourdeoux (The whole event was my engagement party)
I had to get a picture of my 10 caret diamond. Too bad my fiance was murdered at my engagement party by my real life husband!! Maybe that's why Hannibal was winking at me during the night. Maybe I could sell the ring and pay off our Dental School loans? Oh, do you think they would notice that it's really styrofoam, alum. foil and glitter? :)
All the Suspects!! Thank you for such a memorable night!!

9 comments:

Trinette Hayslip said...

These pictures are GREAT! Can't wait to get my copy of them. Thanks again for the invite, we BOTH had a blast and will enjoy the inside jokes for many years to come.
Signed from beyond the grave-Madame Garlic

Reed & Melinda Family said...

Hye that sounds like fun. I did a spooky dinner but I like that idea better! How cute

Britni said...

What fun! I love your budget decortations...they turned out fabulous!

Becky said...

How fun! i remember doing that with friends about 7 yrs ago. It was definitly one of my most memorable Halloweens. I love that you guys went all out!

Sherrida Shumway Urling said...

Love the pics! What fun. It makes me laugh thinking about it. Thanks so much for hosting the party...Peter and I had a blast!

rachy poo said...

You are so fun. I miss you guys. I need to call you and catch up. Please call the next time you come through for the holidays so that we can catch you on your way to your parents. We might be gone from here come middle of next year, so the opportunities are becoming less frequent. PS your decorating looked fabulous and I it looks like you guys hit the jack pot with that ring of yours!

Dave, Erin, and Shaylor Sorensen said...

That looks like so much fun!!!

Whitney said...

How fun! I have wanted to do that for a while now! Maybe next year when things aren't so crazy! I love the pic of you and your fam! You are just as gorgeous as I remember!

Brooke said...

Wow, you sure know how to host a party, that looks so fun! You have such a cute little family!