Thursday, October 8, 2009

Just documenting!

Part of my responsibilities for the Young Women High Adventure was to help come up with a good meal plan for the whole week using all different outdoor cooking sources. We wanted them to learn new things to cook so I looked on line and there was this great dutch oven pizza recipe that I needed to try before we put it on the menu. So, we called some friends and this is our get-to-gether to try Dutch oven Pizza.
This was the yummiest pizza I have ever had. The crust was almost 2 inches thick!! So good. Here is the recipe if you have a dutch oven and would like to try it.
2 boxes of Jiffy pizza dough mix
Pizza sauce or Spaghetti sauce (Traditional Prego is our fav.)
all the toppings you like
of course mozerella cheese
(I think we almost used a whole large bag of shreddes moz.)
Line the dutch oven with foil. Make the Pizza dough like the box tells you. Flatten the dough with your fingers into the dutch oven. Spread the sauce over the dough and use half of the cheese over the sauce. Add toppings and finish with the rest of the cheese. Set the dutch oven over hot briquets and put about 12 briquets on the lid and cook for about 15 min. That's it.
It was so simple and it cooked in only 15 min. Mmmmmm. If you make it, let me know how you liked it!


These are most of the wonderful Young Women and leaders that I get to serve with. There is a tradition that every spring Conference - the Y.M. and Y.W. get together to have a brunch and watch the first Sat. session. It was a lot of fun.
This is where Jay spent his first semester semester of Dental School. We called it the cave.This is located in the very back closet of our apartment. It was a little quieter but quite cramped. Jay said that when I did the laundry it would shake the whole wall and I'm sure it made reading a little bit more difficult. :) So, we searched many places for a desk and found a good one. I wanted to take of picture of this before he had a bigger and better study area.
I helped one of my friends decorate her house and while we were putting up pictures Lennix decided to step through the glass of a picture frame. He got a pretty good cut so we elevated his foot and fed him popcorn to help with the pain. Well, that wasn't working so he said that he wanted a big band-aid on it so it would stop hurting. Yup, the big band-aid made it feel much better. After that, he was so proud of his hurt toe.


Everytime I let Jensen play out side without his shoes he comes in with bloody big toes. He has this thing that when he runs and walks he drags the tip of his toes on the sidewalk until one of them bleeds. He seems to not mind a bit but it gives me chills just to think about it. I know it will be one of those things that I will talk about when he is older so I had to document it!

This is my hair salon. It's Jensen's turn to get his hair cut and he's not quite sure what to think about it. Now, I'm not quite sure what Lennix is doing :)


Oh! he looks so handsome all clean cut!


That is some great hair. I wish my hair was that stylish right after a nap!

Lennix and Brooklyn are the best of friends. She came over to play with Lennix and brought him a bee costume so they could be dressed up together. I think that Brooklyn really beleives that she should have been born an animal! :)

1 comments:

Hoyt said...

Your boys are the cutest things ever! I also wish my hair looked that great after a nap.