Thursday, October 8, 2009

Enjoying our First Summer in Ohio

In Franklin county they always have fun "learning" days that is put on by the Park and Recreation . My friend Brittney told me about this Fire day and when I heard there was going to be a fire truck there I could not pass it up. The boys loved it!!
Lennix was a little bit hesitant because the guy that helped him in the engine had a really big beard and he was a pretty big guy. I think the man won Lennix over after he let him honk the horn.
It was the first time Lennix had ever learned about Stop, Drop and Roll and that is all he talked about for days. He would even remember details about the presentation and remind me of what Bob the Fireman taught him.What am I to do with Jensen? This is one of his favorite things to do right now. He must be his mother's son. I think he just likes the feel of picking up the dirt out of my plant and letting it run through his fingers onto the couch and floor and I really think he feels that there is nothing wrong with it. . .
As you can tell by his "I did something wrong?" look. The smearing of dirt on his clothes and face is a nice touch. I have learned something and I want to share it. . . Everytime my kids get into something (for the 20th time) and there is a big mess . . . before I lose my temper and say things that don't help the situation, I go get my camera. By the time I find it, turn it on and figure out the angle that makes it look the worst I am smiling and thinking of what a funny memory this is going to be down the road when it is all cleaned up. Don't worry, there are still consiquences, I just handle it a lot better than I would have. So the next time your kids get into something that makes you mad enough to lose your temper . . . go get your camera! It probably will make a great picture and a memory. This is the Bunny Park. It is the best place to take the kids during the summer. It remindes me of Gateway in SLC, only better. It is free and we always bring lunch and meet our friends there. They play so hard that everytime on the way home the boys can't keep their eyes open and they just crash.


We decided to go to the zoo as a family. I get to go quite a bit but it is so much more fun when Jay comes. This walk way was awesome. I can't even imagine how much time it took to make that. All of those trees and shrubs are all man made.
I think Jensen was getting a little tired
He loved the Sting Rays. He kept on telling me that it was Mr. Ray off of Nemo

This turned out so well. We caught him eating his lunch
It took some convincing but he did end up touching his nose.
In June there was a going away party at are apt. complex for all those who were done with school and going out into the "real world." I think there were about 8 couples just from our ward that moved out last June. That is going to be crazy every year while we live here.
This is the boy's favorite thing to do with Jay.
The boys never tire of it and I can imagine it's a pretty good work out for Jay
There is this beautiful park, Batelle Darby, and this was at the end of the day when we were letting the kids play on the playground. I just thought this picture was pretty funny!
Look at those dirty feet!
Hang'n out with my boys on the back porck. They still love to play in this chair.

Jay and I were able to go to a Clippers game together. We met some of the guys in his dental class. Our seats were awesome. We sat right behind home base and a couple of rows up from the field. We had such a good time and everytime we go on a date we remember how much we love to just hang out together.

It is a sweet stadium!

This is how many of our days are spent. We grab our neigbors hose and keep filling up the bowls with water. I think of you Mom evertime we do this!! I bet everyone of your grandkids will have memories of playing in the water with your kitchen items on the back patio of your house!
Jensen enjoying his yogart after a hard day of playing in the sunshine
Lennix is awesome when it comes to memorization. We read his Book of Mormon together before he goes to bed and his favorite stoy is the Iron Rod. Well, one day I started to read it and I realized he was saying the whole stoy word for word with me so I let him take the stage. He knew every word!! I was so impressed that I showed Jay and then we decided that we had to get it on film. Here it is. . .

They love having each other to play with. Especially in their favorite chair on the back porch, in thier diapers and with their blankets. Life can't get much better!

Some of the chior member of our ward got together and went to Batell Darby to play some games and eat dessert.
The boys were obsessed with the poor dogs tail.
Jensen loving it
So, I have to say that I feel so spoiled being far away from my family. Every holiday, or anytime my Mom feels like it's been a while, she sends us the best most random packages. I LOVE them! I always know of one of two items that will be in there (the reason why she sends it) but 90% of the items are just for fun and to make us all smile. That's exactly what they do. Now whenever my boys see any type of package they get so excited and say "It's from Grandpa Skip and Grand Barbie." Here are some pictures of the swimming tubes that my mom sent and a little snipit of how much fun they had with them.
Nice Shot!
Those are great faces :)
You will not see this very often in our house anymore so I had to take a picture.
I wish some of the other pictures worked because they were so funny. They were having a great time making faces at me on the screen.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

How fun! It looks like you guys are making some great memories in Ohio. Your boys look so grown up now, I can't believe how much Jensen looks like you Mel! I have to agree with the taking a picture when they do something naughty idea.
Hope all is well for you guys!

Unknown said...

Your boys are so cute, and that video!!! Doesn't that just totally melt your heart? It sure did melt mine and bring tears to my eyes. How cute!!!

Unknown said...

Ok Melanie that last post is really me Kara. I think for some reason my sister is logged onto our computer. Haha!

brent & meg talbot said...

haha! drew has the same pajamas and the same green shirt as jensen! we miss you guys so much! can't wait to see you at christmas! drew is talking like crazy (finally). i'm sure all the boys will be huge by then!

Matthew and Lindsey said...

-Hey Jay and Melanie,
This is Matt Torres from Cedar City-hopefully you remember me but I was in CCU 2nd ward with you. I just got notified that I got an interview at Ohio for dental school, and I know this is asking alot-but I was hoping to get in contact with you before I come out. You can call me at 435-459-1143-my interview is Nov 7. Thanks
Matt

Anonymous said...

Your little family is so darling Melanie! I love to peek at your blog now and then. You guys look like you are having so much fun at school. We loved being away at school too. It was sad to leave our firends, but good to be back with family. Let me know if you come out to visit over the holidays!

Britni said...

Fun post! Looks like your summer was fabulous! It was good to see you guys at the Halloween party...we'll have to do things more often!