Saturday, June 28, 2008

Say No To Spores!!

This is the best picture of my nephew Alec and Jensen. Daphne and Troy gave them these jammies when they were born (only two days apart). Alec is Robb and Steph's little man and if some of you did not know, Alec was diagnosed with Infant Botulism. He has been at Primary Children's for about 4 weeks now and is doing SOOO Well. He is now taking a  sippy cup and as soon as he can be self sustained with his eating he can go home. Lot's of prayers have gone into play and his recovery has been remarkable. Another thing is that I have been so impressed with the way my Sister Steph and her husband Robb have handled the whole situation. I have seen them come together with so much strength and faith and I totally believe that Alec felt that and that is why he has had such a speedy recovery. We sure love you Steph and Robb!!
So, my mom was on the phone with Steph one day and we thought is was so funny that the first words she said was "Alec got his gag back!" It is one of the major bench marks of improvement, but we thought it was so funny. Also, with Infant Botulism, it is basically spores that take over the body and paralyzes the muscles as it passed through- Hence the "Say no to Spores." Well, after my mom got off the phone we could not put to rest that those sayings would make the best T-shirt!! So . . . Here is the finished product and Alec could not be more darling in it!! Yes, my mom is the artist of the Spore!
We Love you so much Alec!

1 comments:

Kelli said...

That t-shirt is the most adorable thing I've ever seen! So glad to see Alec doing better!