Saturday, March 12, 2011

Annual How to Host a Murder

How To Host a Murder 2010
I got on line and found a great "Western" themed How to host a Murder game. Everyone really got into character and I could even tell a couple of weeks before we played the guys weren't shaving for church. Jay was growing a mustache/handlebars, peter's chops were awesome and Nate and Andy grew in their beards. I loved it! This picture is of the invitation that I made and sent to each couple inviting them to the event and explaining their character. Each of them found them posted on their front door.

This is the dinner set up where we played the game. We had a good Western home cooked meal. Chicken, potatoes, gravy, rolls and of course a good Beer (okay root beer :)). Thanks Tabby for getting all the good decor from your dad. It was perfect!
Side note- Just as we were about to start the game we got a call and Korey (our baby sitter) told us that maddy had and accident. Well, she wasn't kidding. Maddy had fallen off the couch and hit heads with Jensen (we think this is what happened) and cut her eye brow open. Really, it was quite the cut. So, Tabby and Andy, dressed up and all, spent the evening in the Emergency room and we just played games. We ended up postponing the game for a week but it worked out just great and Maddy was just fine.
Peter played a really great Ladies man Lone Ranger. Sherrida's character seemed really sweet and innocent but she was the genius behind lots of questionable business.
Helena Handcart and Wyatt Hurtz
I loved that my character was the mother of 16 boys (all deceased of course) and Jay, well, I'll just say that his character was quite "tender."
Cheif Breaking Wind and Elvira Lynn Fection
Need I say more with Nates Character Name- And his costume was hillarious. Trinnett was perfect for her part because I knew she would have the most fun as the shady lady.
P'Elvis Swaggerin' and Butch Chastity
I am still laughing about Andy's Character and his tight wrangler's fit the part perfectly! No one could have played Butch better than Tabby (the black eye was a perfect touch).
I laughed so hard while we were trying to take a good guy picture. They were all in perfect character. I couldn't help but post all of them.
A pictur of all the ladies- okay, except for Tabby (with a name like Butch, you tend to wonder) :)
So my character ended up being a little insain, really. So, this was a tribute to me and my bonnet.
The whole gang
Trinett ended up being the murderer!!
I had to post these last pictures of Jay and Andy. They make me laugh!



Thank you everyone who came for making it yet another memorable, hilariously wonderful night.

2 comments:

Daphne said...

Looks like y'all had a rip roarin' good time! Great pics!

Sherice said...

Okay, that is just too much fun! Mel~ you clever girl. I seriously love all the get-ups! Glad to see you guys are doing awesome, and thanks for the invite~ I love keepin' up on your darling fam:) Happy Spring!