Monday, July 27, 2009

My nephew Tyler sent us Flat Stanley so that we could take him on adventures and then write back and tell him about all the fun we had and send Flat S. back to him. It was really fun and here are a few pictures of places that we took him. Lennix thought it was so great.

This is one of the first adventures we took Flat Stanley on. Lennix had just received this fishing kit form GrandBarbie (my mom) in one of our wonderful "random" packages from her and my dad. Lennix could not wait to take Flat Stanley Fishing.
This is Greaters Ice Cream. I love that not only do they have great ice cream but they have this wonderful play area for the kids to hang out in.

Now that's a good picture!

Jensen loved the slide. He went down it over and over. Everytime we go, that's were I always find him.

As Lennix was playing at Greaters he tried to get over this little wall that keeps the basketballs in. Well, he slipped and fell right on his front teeth. There was a lot of blood and I thought for sure he was going to lose his bottom tooth. I called Jay and my dad and they told me that if it was at all possible, save the tooth. So I had him bite down on this paper towel and he was so good and he kept biting on it all the way home. He wanted to watch a movie so this is how he stayed for a good portion of it. The tooth stayed in and he healed so quickley.

Oh the things we make Jay do. In the book that we sent Tyler we told him that Flat Stanly had so many treats during his adventures here that he had a tooth ache and had to go see the dentist. It was only appropriate that we wrote Jay in as the Dentist :).
This was that same night of the tooth accident. As you can tell he bounced right back. Kids are so resiliant!


It was around Valentines day so our ward had a cookie decorating activity for the kids. They loved it and of course Flat Stanley came with us.
I love Jensen's Cheeks Lennix is so proud of his friend Flat Stanley
Jensen in Jay's ball cap. I can't believe that one day he will actually be big enough to fit into it. Such a happy little guy.
This was at the "Mandi-Ball" that Jay and I went to for the Dental School. We thought our Nephew Tyler would get a kick out of it. That has to be the most unappetizing cake I have seen :).

4 comments:

Carly said...

That last picture is to die for! Oh Mel, I miss you and Jay and all your crazy antics!

Stitchnmom said...

Looks like Flat Stanley and the boys had a lot of fun. I love the fishing in the fish tank!

Anonymous said...

How precious?! i sure miss your sweet family. Enjoy every minute.

Natasha said...

I know this may come across as a severe case of blog-stalking, but I graduated HS with Jay and really just wanted to say hi and that you guys have an adorable family. My bro in law in in dental school at Ohio State. Is that where you guys are?? Your boys are too cute!